Calling Young Film Makers | HBC newsroom
Halton Highlights Short video competition 2022
Halton Borough Council is calling for entries to its short video competition showing your ‘Halton Highlight’. Are you aged 13 and over and live in Halton? Get involved and tell us about yours!
What is a Halton Highlight?
We want you to show us and share with us your Halton Highlight. This can be your favourite park, place to go with your friends, where you like to go with your family at the weekend, favourite walk with the dog, day out, place to meet friends for a milkshake and tell us why it’s your Halton Highlight.
Be a part of #haltonhighlights
Check out www.halton.gov.uk/visit for some inspiration.
To create a short video of your Halton Highlight – for example this can be your favourite park, museum, day out with a friends or family or favourite place to shop.
We want you to share with us your favourite place in Halton and inspire others to visit this place and get out and find their own Halton highlight.
All we ask that the video is no longer than 60 seconds and filmed in Halton. You can be as creative as you like, be inspired by your favourite social media videos – you can use effects, filters and music. You can create the video on your phone or favourite social media platform, as long as the video can be shared and isn’t set to private.
There will be 3 x winners, who will each win an annual pass to Cineworld, Runcorn.
The three winning videos will be selected by have the most engagement and likes across the social media channels.
Councillor Paul Nolan, Executive Board Member for Culture said ‘After such a difficult couple of years with the pandemic, we want to bring together young people, residents and local businesses to look forward with a positive outlook for 2022. We want everyone in our community to rediscover the many hidden gems that Halton has to offer. Halton is a rich and diverse area with its traditional markets and high streets as well as the many open spaces and cultural highlights such as Norton Priory, The Catalyst Science Discovery Centre and The Brindley. It is so important to keep our high streets and attractions alive and celebrate Halton.
- The video must be no longer than 60 seconds in length
- The video can be filmed any way you like – it can be filmed in the style of a social media video
- It must be filmed in Halton and showcase your Halton Highlight
- All entries must be submitted by 18 March 2022.
- To enter share on Halton Borough Councils social channels on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and use the #HaltonHighlights and #competition
- Ensure you tag friends and share on your own social medias channels as the video with the most likes will be the winner
- All video entries will be moderated which may take up to 48hrs
- Parents to email their permission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Terms and conditions apply and can be found here www.halton.gov.uk/filmcomp