Thousands of free attraction tickets for Blackpool residents
Posted on Friday 29th April 2022
Blackpool residents are being offered the chance to claim free tickets for many leading attractions as the resort celebrates its first full tourism season since 2019
A free-to-enter ballot will be launched on the Blackpool Council website on Friday 29 April with several thousand tickets available for a range of attractions and venues to be used at selected times and dates over the next 12 months.
The ticket giveaway includes:
- 5,000 family tickets (for up to four people) at Merlin’s portfolio of attractions including The Blackpool Tower Eye, Blackpool Dungeon, SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, The Blackpool Tower Circus and the new Peter Rabbit attraction on the Golden Mile. Tickets will be for use outside peak holiday times
- 1,250 family tickets (for up to four people) at the award-winning Sandcastle Waterpark. Tickets will be for sessions on selected dates between now and the end of the year
- 500 family tickets (two adults, two children) at Blackpool Zoo, with a 20% discount for any further family members wishing to go. Tickets valid September to December
- 50 pairs of tickets and 50 family tickets (maximum of two adults, two children) for selected Blackpool Football Club home games in the 2022-23 season
- 100 pairs of tickets for the British National Dance Championships to be held at the Empress Ballroom in November. Passes will provide access over three days
- 100 pairs of tickets for organised heritage tours of the Winter Gardens. Ten special tours will be organised between June and next March with 20 people on each tour.
- A total of 60 tickets for four organised tours of The Grand Theatre with 15 places available on each tour
- Almost 200 tickets for various shows at The Grand Theatre including 20 pairs of tickets for the drama Twopence To Cross The Mersey from October 4-6; 25 pairs of tickets for the opening night of the Christmas panto, Sleeping Beauty, on December 2; 45 pairs of tickets for the annual Christmas Concert on December 12.
Householders with a Blackpool postcode are invited to enter the ballot at www.blackpool.gov.uk/attractions and make a first and second selection for their preferred attraction or venue. Only one entry per household is permitted. Applications can also be submitted by post at “FREE TICKETS”, Communications Team, Blackpool Council, PO BOX 4, Blackpool FY1 1NA but must be received by Saturday 14 May 2022 at the latest.
Successful applicants will be advised by email or post and provided with details of how to redeem their tickets and by what deadline.
Cllr Lynn Williams, Leader of Blackpool Council, said: “Our tourism industry has been through two of the most difficult years in living memory during which time many of our attractions were forced to close for significant periods of time.
“Now that they are fully operational again, we are delighted that a number of those venues and attractions are giving residents an opportunity to experience some of what they have to offer and at no cost.”
Special terms and conditions
Only householders with a Blackpool Council area postcode are eligible to apply. One entry per household. Successful applicants will be informed of when to collect their tickets. Proof of address will be required on collection. Tickets are not transferrable. Full terms and conditions are available on the website.
Tickets will be limited to a number of redemptions per day during the off-peak months. They are not redeemable between August 1 and October 31 2022.
Winners will be able to choose from selected sessions/dates over the remainder of this year. Access to Hyperzone slides is subject to guests meeting the height and age restrictions.
Family tickets only valid between September and December 2022
Tickets will be for Category B or Category C fixtures in the 2022 to 2023 season (details to be confirmed when the new fixture list is published early summer).
Posted on Friday 29th April 2022