First day of Greenbuild a success – with more to come!
Date published: 2nd November 2021
We are thrilled that our first virtual Greenbuild event is off to a fantastic start!
Yesterday we heard some truly inspiring talks from local “Green Care” projects Norfolk Green Care Network and the Papillon Project, as well “grow your own” queen Caroline Fernandez from the Norfolk and Waveney Wellbeing Service.
In the evening, we heard from Dominic Buscall, founder of the incredible Wild Ken Hill project, and hosted an engaged audience with an insightful Q&A session.
Annie Sommazzi, NNDC’s Climate Change & Environment Policy Manager, commented: “We’re really enthused by the response so far and it’s exciting that there is still much more to come.
What’s special about this event is that there is truly something for everyone, from slow fashion workshops, coastal talks and of course our “Big Talk Presents…” with Chris Packham!
It’s a pleasure to offer these high quality events for free, not only for local people but by hosting it online it opens it up to a much wider community of people interested in climate change and the environmental agenda and provides the opportunity to think about the solutions we all need for a more sustainable future.”
Upcoming sessions include:
- The Big Talk Presents: Chris Packham (Nov 3)
- Native Tree Drawing Workshop (currently sold out) (Nov 4)
- Slow Fashion Saturday with Cynthia Ko and the Fabulous Miss K (Nov 6)
- Environment Forum Presents: Carbon Reduction Strategy with Net Zero East (Nov 8)
- Let’s Talk: Our Coastal Community – Economy, Society and a Changing Climate (Nov 9)
- Climate Optimism for Troubled Times – with Dr Ella Gilbert (Nov 11)
- Sheringham Little theatre Presents: David Attenborough a Life on Our Planet screening (Nov 11th) Book directly via Sheringham Little Theatre
- Let’s Talk: Hockerton Housing Project and Incredible Edible (Nov 12)