Grants available for community organisations

Are you looking to make a difference to people living in your community? Need some funding to help towards the costs?

The third round of the Community and Culture Project Fund, which is managed by Dorset Council, is now open and welcoming applications for projects and events for community, arts, accredited museums, heritage, sport, youth, play and physical activity.

The grants are designed to kick-start new activities that will benefit the local community and offer support to marginalised and disadvantaged groups in the Dorset council area.

Not for profit groups are welcome to apply for the grant, which can fund up to £5,000 towards a project that will have a social impact and support local communities and hard to reach groups.

You can find out more about eligibility and how to apply on the Dorset Council website.

You can apply for 80% of your total project costs and will be required to demonstrate how you will raise the other 20%.  You can apply for between £1,000 and £5,000 and the activity or event must take place in the Dorset Council area.

Newly established groups who have been in existence for less than 12 months can also apply for up to £1,500 provided they can provide a constitution, a bank account along with a safeguarding policy and insurance where appropriate.

Cllr Laura Miller, Cabinet member for Culture, Communities and Customer Services, said:

“I am very pleased we are able to provide these small but vital grants to promote a wide range of cultural, heritage and physical activities that enrich the lives of people who live and work in Dorset.

“The previous round one and two of the Community and Culture Project Fund grants have made a huge difference to residents in Dorset and we look forward to seeing more applications from a wide range of community groups and organisations.”

The closing date for applications is Monday 27 June and decision letters will be sent to all applicants at the end of July.

Need help completing your online application?

If you need help with completing the online application form you can contact the Dorset Digital Hotline and they will be pleased to help you on 01305 221048.  They are available between 10am and 12 noon weekdays (except bank holidays).  At other times, please leave a message and they will get back to you.

Source link

Show More