How to Remove Bing from Chrome’s Default Search Engine
- Chrome web browser can choose Bing, Google or another search engine as its default.
- To change the default search engines, go to Chrome’s Settings menu, click the Search Engine section, and then choose a new search engine.
- You may also need to disable, delete or remove any Bing browser extensions from your desktop.
Despite its many compelling features, Bing has not been able to replace Google as the most popular search engine. Bing is your browser’s default search engine. It can fill your web browser home page with amazing photography from around the globe.
Maybe you’ve tried Bing and want to switch over to Google or another search engine. It takes only a few clicks for you to remove Bing from your default search engine on your desktop and mobile device.
How to remove Bing as your default search engine in Chrome
There are a few settings that could make Chrome default to Bing. It is worth checking to ensure you have not reset your search engine.
1. Start the Chrome browser on your computer, and then click the Three-dot menuClick the link at the top-right corner. Next, click Settings In the pop-up menu
2. Click on the Settings page. Search engineYou will find the navigation pane to your left.
3. In the Search enginesection, you can check which search engine is selected in the dropdown menu beside Search engine used for the address bar. If it’s already set to BingClick to change it to another option, such as Google Or Yahoo!
4. Click StartupIn the navigation pane, click on the left. Check to see what happens once the Chrome browser begins. If it’s set, Open a specific page, or a group of pagesMake sure the page isn’t the Bing homepage. If it is, you may click the Three-dot menuSelect the right and click RemoveYou can also choose one of the alternative startup options, such as Open the New Tab page.
Your browser should now use the selected search engine as your default for most searches. However, if your browser is still using Bing, it may be a Bing problem. extension installed that needs to be removedIt is overriding the default browser setting.
1. Click the Three-dot menuClick at the top of your page, then click Settings in the pop up menu
2. Click Extensions You will find the navigation pane to your left.
3. For extensions that are connected to Bing, make sure you check your extensions. If you find any, click the button to disable them. Remove Click the button. Remove Click the pop-up to confirm that you want this to happen.
How to get rid of Bing from Chrome Mobile’s default search engine
You can also reset your Chrome browser to use the Bing search engine if it defaults to Chrome.
1. Start the Chrome browser App on your phone. Three-dot menu.
2. Select the option you want from the pop up menu Settings.
3. Tap Search EngineChoose a different option. Google Or DuckDuckGo.
4. Tap Done.
[Denial of responsibility! newsanyway.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – at newsanyway.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.]