Stranded Southwest Travelers entitled to Meals and Lodging
- The US Department of Transportation has intervened in the Southwest Airlines delays.
- Sec. On Tuesday, Pete Buttigieg met the CEO of Southwest Airlines and union leaders.
- The DOT reminded passengers to remind them that the airline will provide meals vouchers and hotels for stranded travellers.
Secretary Pete Buttigieg met Southwest airlines CEO Bob JordanButtigieg spoke Tuesday to CNN’s Wolf Blitzer about the need for union leaders and customers to remind the company of its “responsibilities to customers” in this travel chaos.
CNN’s Buttigieg said that Southwest would be held responsible by the Department of Transportation after he stated that Southwest had promised them in writing last summer that they would “take good care of customers” during delays or cancellations.
“Now that we have the commitments made to us over summer, we’re going be using that to hold them accountable.” Buttigieg said on CNN. “And I made that clear to Southwest leadership. Now, the CEO has promised to me that they will not only exceed but surpass the customer service standards that they have set for us in the past and that they are able enforce.”
Southwest Airlines cancelled thousands of flights after the holiday weekend due to the historic winter storm that swept across the country. The airline cancelled almost 2,900 flights Monday, which is 70% of its total flights.
In a Monday statement, Southwest informed Insider that cancellations were partly due to their scheduling toolsSome airline workers may use this phrase to describe their work. have complained is outdated.
“We encourage customers to submit receipts in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Insider learned that the airline has provided assistance to hotels in some cases.
—TransportationGov (@USDOT) December 27, 2022
Follow us on Twitter the DOT linkedTo the Southwest Airlines customer service planThe following states:
- The airline will rebook customers for the next available Southwest flight to your destination without additional charges. Southwest offers refunds on tickets.
- Staff will provide a meal coupon upon request, or reimburse the cost of meals purchased in circumstances beyond their control.
- Staff will arrange lodging if it is possible or reimburse reasonable lodging costs for circumstances beyond the airline’s control. Staff can also offer reimbursement or vouchers for transportation.
- Staff can arrange discounts for lodging close to the airport in the event of circumstances beyond their control.
USDOT called the amount of cancellations from SouthwestThey declared the delay unacceptable and promised to investigate the cause.
“USDOT is concerned by Southwest’s unacceptable rate of cancellations and delays & reports of lack of prompt customer service,” a statement read. “The Department will review whether cancellations could be controlled and determine if Southwest is following its customer service policy.”
[Denial of responsibility! newsanyway.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – at newsanyway.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.]