Which is that one tourist destination which is emerging as a popular choice for many? Well, a lot of people these days are heading out to China and exploring this country. So, if you are thinking of paying a visit to China as well, which is the place that you want to visit? For us, the top choice would be Hong Kong. Internationally known with almost every part of the world grained into it along with the heritage of the Chinese culture, Hong Kong truly has a lot to offer to those who love to travel and explore new cultures.
Things to keep in mind when travelling to Hong Kong
Well, the first thing that you need to keep in mind is that Hong Kong is more than just a Chinese city. It is a specially administered region and hence the rules and regulations might be a little different, though it does not affect the tourists much. What as a tourist you will be greatly benefitted of is the fact that there are plenty of luxurious as well as budgetary Best Hong Kong hotels and hence finding just the perfect stay will not be a problem for you at all? If you are unable or unsure about the place to stay, then a very simple thing to do would be to get in touch with tour planners or organizers online and they will have the entire tour planned out for you – starting from your flight bookings, your stays to your itinerary. If you want, you can always up for the grabs. So, if you want a pocket-friendly, hassle-free trip, then you can definitely go for tour planners. Just make sure that you research properly and study all the deals before you finalize the customize your travel plans as well. The reason why a lot of people generally tend to go for planned tours is that it is hassle free and you get to save a lot as well because of the combo deals and offers that are always one for you.
The next most important thing about your trip is the Visa. You will need a visa to enter the country and you will have to apply for it before your trip. The visa processing might take time, but it is generally not difficult to get a tourist visa for China, if all your documents and most importantly your passport is in order. Get your flight booking done, after you have gotten the visa approval.
Another important thing to know is the time to visit this place. Well, if you are visiting for the first time, you will definitely want to make the most of it, right? So, the weather needs to be conducive one for tourists. The best time to visit thus would be from September till about the middle of December. The weather remains ideal for tourism – neither too hot, nor too cold, and hence during this time you will be able to make the most of your trip.
Must visits in Hong Kong
Do you know which the places are that you want to visit when in Hong Kong? Well, you need to have an itinerary prepared and here’s ours for you:
- Hong Kong happens to be a city of sky-scrappers and bustling life. The city is always running and the place has its own glory. Well, if you are interested in exploring the city from an aerial view, then you have to head out to the Peak or the Victoria Peak. The main highlight of this area? You will get to see the entire skyline of the city and experience Hong Kong like never before. This is a must visit on your list of to dos when in Hong Kong.
- How about exploring the city from the depths now? You can always hop aboard the Star Ferry and take a tour of the city in the waters. This ferry ride will take you around the city from where you will be able to spot some of the most well noted spots of Hong Kong. The best part about the ferry? You have one every three or four minutes, throughout the day; hence step aboard anytime you like!
- Want to see one of the largest statues of the Buddha in the world which was completed in over 12 years? Well, then, head out to the Po Lin Monastery, where a 34 meters high Buddha statue awaits you. Being primarily a Buddhism dominated country, it is no surprise that you will come across many monasteries and Buddhist statues here, but this one definitely stands tall and stands out!
- Craving for some time by the beach? Hong Kong has the perfect solution for you – the Repulse beaches and bays. Talk a walk down the sandy beach beautifully carpeted by the waves gently touching upon the shores. If you want you can also spend your entire day at the beach if you are craving for some time to relax. This promises to be a pleasant visit.
- Street market and that too at night? The Temple Street Market is your destination of choice. Laden with a variety of food stalls and trinkets and gadgets and souvenirs being sold in masses, this is a haven for everyone who is looking forward to some pocket-friendly shopping. This market, generally starts opening its doors around 6’o’clock in the evening. However, if you reach too early, you might find some of the shops closed. So, take your time and head out to the night market in the evening and spend strolling about the lanes, checking out all that the shops have to offer. As a tourist, you will find all the souvenirs that you need to take back home, from here!
Alright, now you have all the basic information that you need to make sure that your stay in Hong Kong is not only a pleasant one, but a fruitful one as well. So, are you ready to set foot into Hong Kong? Well, then without any further ado do get in touch with a tour planner online and get the ball rolling!