LOS ANGELES, CA, Jan 8, 2020 – Macroverse Media Inc announced today the expansion of MACROVERSE, their next generation mobile comics platform. This extends their collection of content, becoming a central hub for comics and entertainment fans of all kinds.
Macroverse employs a unique, tap-through storytelling experience designed to push the creative boundaries of traditional comics, taking full advantage of digital-first content customized for mobile phones. Launching with an initial mix of original and adapted titles from some of the most imaginative storytellers working in entertainment, Macroverse features series that span the genres of Crime, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror, Comedy and beyond.
“Bringing the comics art form to a modern, mobile platform designed by, with and for creators is essential for the medium to evolve and connect with the next generation of fans around the world,” said Eben Matthews, Co-Founder of Macroverse. “We see Macroverse as a central hub for a new wave of storytelling and storytellers. This is just the beginning.”
“All the titles on the platform are carefully selected to give readers what they want: powerful, compelling narratives with interesting characters and beautiful art,” said Adam Martin, Co-Founder of Macroverse. “We’re incredibly excited to give readers the chance to experience engrossing new stories on the devices that they already own, know and love.”
All New, Exclusive Originals
The first Macroverse originals are exclusively available on the Macroverse app:
* “Billy Smoke” – From Eisner award winning writer B. Clay Moore and artist Eric Kim , Billy Smoke tells the story of a contract killer who’s career has cost him his family and his soul. After an unexpected brush with death, Smoke stumbles upon a chance at redemption: track down and eliminate every hitman, assassin and killer operating throughout the world…
* “Glitch” – Explore the vast Wasteland in a post-apocalyptic solarpunk series set in a colorful world of zany characters, dangerous adventures, and long-forgotten secrets just waiting to be uncovered. With an emphasis on futuristic technology and renewable energy, Glitch is a YA adventure that brings color and levity to the typically bleak post-apocalyptic genre.
* “DeadTown” – Visually inspired by the rich black and white noir style of films like A Touch of Evil and The Maltese Falcon, and featuring art by Steven Perkins (The Coldest Winter, Credence), DeadTown follows a classic hard boiled anti-hero set in a dystopian near future overrun by Zombies.
Exclusive “Creator’s Cut” Adaptations
A curated selection of comics material has been re-conceived and crafted to take advantage of the Macroverse “TapStory” format including:
* “The Boondock Saints: In Nomine Patris” – Co-Written by Troy Duffy, writer/director of the cult movie hit The Boondock Saints, this darkly comedic thriller tells the secret history of master assassin Il Duce, played against new adventures of the MacManus brothers.
* “Anti” – Producer Gale Ann Hurd (Terminator, The Walking Dead) presents the action packed story of Zachary, a faithless man forced to confront the fact that he is the savior of the world, and his begrudging protector Jordan, a demon hunter with her own dark secrets.
* “25 to Life” – Writer/Creator Eriq LaSalle and artist Tony Shasteen tell the story of an elite experimental FBI unit brought in to investigate the murder of three African-American police officers in the state of Virginia.
* “reMind” – A lushly illustrated all ages adventure in the tradition of Hayao Miyazaki. When Sonja’s cat goes missing, she little suspects that his return will plunge her into a fantastical world of brain transplantation, lizard-men, and the perils of unchecked power.
A Universe of Storytelling
Over 40 more original and adapted series’ will be added to the Macroverse app throughout 2020.
Experience Macroverse Today
Comics and entertainment fans can download Macroverse for iOS or Android right now. The first episode of every series, along with the entire first season of DeadTown, is free to read! Unlimited access is available for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial.
About the Macroverse App
Conceived as a platform to propel comics into the digital age, Macroverse focuses on innovative storytelling custom built for mobile devices. This approach combines bite sized episodic content with binge-worthy serialized narratives that celebrate the strengths of the traditional comics format while exploring new creative opportunities only possible in a modern digital experience.
Additionally, by removing the gatekeepers to traditional publishing, Macroverse offers creators the opportunity to monetize their work and connect directly with fans in an exciting new format. Learn more and download the app at www.Macroverse.media
About Macroverse Media Inc
Macroverse Media Inc is a multi-format entertainment company founded by writer/director team Adam Martin and Eben Matthews. With over 40 years of combined entertainment and media experience, their focus is on story-driven content designed to connect with audiences and fans through innovative, platform agnostic delivery. Learn more at www.Macroverse.media/about
Eben Matthews and Adam Martin