The Only Push Notifications Guide that You Need!
Push notifications are groundbreaking. They have changed the definition of mobile apps and the various advantages it brings to a business. Push notifications are the reason so many organizations are trying to develop their mobile apps.
The very popularity of the modern smartphone can be traced back to push notifications. What are push notifications? Why do you need them? And how do you use them? That is precisely what we are going to discuss in this article. So without further ado, let’s get started.
What are push notifications?
In essence, push notifications are simple things. They are small messages and alerts that appear on smartphone notifications. The menu appears when you drag the top down.
Push notifications are a key part of both Android and iOS devices. They were created to send users message notifications, alerts, and more. However, thanks to the relative flexibility in their design and versatility, push notifications have become excellent tools for communication and marketing.
Why do you need push notifications?
Push notifications are an efficient way to communicate effectively with your customers and users. They are not as intrusive as other forms of business communication, and users react more positively to them. Here’s are more reasons why you need push notifications:
- Boost User Engagement: Push notifications keep your app users active and engage with your app. They make people come to your app again and again. From reminders to news and marketing pages, everything that can boost user engagement can be sent through a push notification.
- Increase conversion rates: Push notifications have the best conversion rate among all other forms of marketing technologies. This is because they create a sense of urgency among users, and users are more likely to click push notifications.
- Extends your Brand voice: You can give information about your brand through push notifications. You can send deals, offers, and much more directly through push notifications to your user’s smartphones.
- Easy to track: Unlike other marketing technologies, push notifications are very easy to track. You can have accurate metrics on how many views, clicks, and engagements you receive from your push notifications.
- Target the right users: Apps allow you to analyze your user base geographically. This means that you can target your push notifications for a particular set of users. For example, if you have a discount in a certain region, you can send push notifications to users in that region.
- Cost-Effective: Push notifications can help you save a lot of money. The returns on investment on push notifications are also very high for businesses. It is a source of engagement that keeps on giving. Unlike text messaging, receiving push notifications are free for your users, which means they’ll appreciate you too.
- Ease of Deployment: Push notifications are very easy to learn and use. Most push notification dashboards are simple. Push notifications, themselves, are simple messages that are only 100 characters long at most.
- Free communication channel: If you do not want to use push notifications for marketing, they can serve as an extra communication channel for your business. For example, you can share essential information with your clients and customers directly on their phones with the help.
How to send push notifications to your customers
To send push notifications to your users, you first need a mobile app. Business mobile apps have been booming recently. Unlike a few years ago, creating a mobile app is very easy. There are various online no code development software that lets you build your own business mobile apps without any coding. You can try to create your own mobile apps to send push notifications.
Once you have your mobile app, you can send push notifications directly through them. Every push notification software/app builder has its own preset limit on the number of push notifications you can send.
If you’ve created your app through coding, you will have to purchase and use a push notification dashboard that allows you to send push notifications.
How to make push notifications better
Users have the choice to opt in and out of your push notifications. You must ensure that users want to receive your push notifications. To do that, you must make your push notifications fun and engaging. Here’s how you can make your push notifications better:
- Convey the value and benefits: When users choose to opt in or out of your push notifications, try to convince them to opt in by telling them the various benefits of your push notifications.
- Allow users control: Be polite to your users and educate them about the fact that they have complete control over their push notifications. The nicer you are, the more likely people will opt into your push notifications.
- Create a sense of urgency: Remember that your push notifications will be successful only if they create a sense of urgency in your users. Triggers such as ‘hurry!’, ‘limited time offer’, etc., will help engage the user.
- Come up with good content: Push notifications may only be around 100 characters long, but they must be fun to read and engaging. Put your best writers on display with your push notifications.
- Use emojis: Emojis can be surprisingly effective tools and add a flair to your push notifications. Step your emoji game and use the best emojis you can find.
- Ask for ratings and reviews: Ask for user feedback through push notifications. It shows care for your users and can help increase customer satisfaction. In addition, these ratings and reviews will help analyze the success of your push notification campaigns.
Marketing metrics have determined that push notifications have over a 50% conversion rate. It is even more effective than email marketing campaigns meaning that push notifications marketing is here to stay.
Push notifications are essential for the success of a mobile app. If you don’t have a plan to monetize push notifications, a mobile app can be a waste of resources. Start creating push notifications with your mobile app.
Build your mobile apps and send your push notifications to your customers and users easily. Try it today and get your business on mobile!