The Nashville Bombing Ends 2020 On A Somber Note

Many people will agree that 2020 has been one of the worst years in recent times. It was filled with death and turmoil due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Things are starting to improve but it will take many months before life can return to normal. In addition to this, some people have decided to make things even worse for others. This was the case in Nashville when a man decided to detonate explosives in his RV. While no innocent lives were lost, the suicide bombing still sent 2020 out on a somber note.

Below, readers will learn more about the suicide bombing in Nashville.

What Happened?

On Christmas, a man detonated explosives in his recreational vehicle in downtown Nashville. As a result, eight people were injured and countless buildings were damaging. The explosion took place at 166 Second Avenue North between Commerce and Church Street. It happened at 6:30 AM near the AT&T network hub. After the explosion, AT&T’s services experience problems throughout the country. In addition to this, local authorities and agents with the FBI searched long and hard for a suspect and a motive.

Witnesses claimed to have heard gunshots before the RV started broadcasting a warning telling them to evacuate because the vehicle was going to explode. Most people were able to leave the area before the explosion.


Right now, the investigation is still in its infancy. Therefore, little is known about the suspect and his motives. However, authorities believe that 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner was responsible for the Nashville suicide bombing. Warner was born on January 17, 1957. He was a longtime resident of Nashville before the bombing. To date, there is no evidence that anyone else was involved. FBI agents have been searching for a motive but haven’t found anything substantial yet.

Anthony Warner was raised in Antioch and went to Antioch High School. Over the years, he works a handful of IT jobs and owned a burglar alarm company. He owned a company that was licensed to make burglar alarms from 1993 to 1998. While he had served probation for marijuana possession, he had not been arrested again.

The Lead-Up

During the lead-up to the bombing, Warner quit his job and gave his car away. In addition to this, he carried out a quitclaim deed so he could give his Nashville duplex to a woman in Los Angeles. Warner allegedly told the woman that he had cancer but it is not known if this is the case. Before Christmas, Warner told a neighbor that the city of Nashville would never forget him.

Investigators found credit card transactions and receipts proving that Warner purchased bomb-making components. When searching his house in Nashville, they took several items including a portable storage device and a computer. Also, Google Street View images showed an RV parked outside. It looked like the one used during the explosion.


When searching for a motive, authorities found ramblings from the suicide bomber. It was discovered that Warner was a recluse and never discussed religion or politics. However, he often discussed conspiracy theories such as shape-shifting reptilians and 5G-related theories. Initially, authorities claimed that the bomber did not attract the attention of the police before the bombing. This was not the case. It was discovered that Warner’s girlfriend and her attorney had contacted police to tell them that Warner was making bombs in his RV. Her attorney believed his girlfriend.

After that, the authorities attempted to investigate the situation but were unable to contact Warner. They did not enter his home, yard, or recreational vehicle. As a result, they closed the case and said it was unfounded. It is unknown whether Warner was a fan of  Judi Bola.

Subsequent Events

As a result of the bombing, Nashville Mayor John Cooper issued a curfew for the area impacted by the bombing. That curfew was later extended. Also, police in Cincinnati was forced to shut down streets downtown after reports of an RV left running near a Federal building. In Wilson County, Tennessee, an RV was pulled over because it was playing audio similar to that of the bomber. The driver was apprehended but no explosives were found in the automobile. That individual has been charged with filing a false report as well as tampering with evidence.