Can you spot the anachronisms in this Victorian street scene?
If you are you a baby boomer, Generation X or even a Millennial, this one is for you.
Pictured here is a scene from a busy street in a bygone era. Horses and carriages vie for space on the hectic road while ladies and gentlemen go about their daily business.
But lurking somewhere in this old-fashioned scene are ten anachronisms – things which are out of place or do not fit in a particular era, age or time.
Can you spot the 10 modern products and services hidden in this Victorian street scene?
The puzzle was created by the British Standards Institution, to celebrate 115 years of its famous BSI Kitemark ™ which today continues to serve as a mark of quality and reliability.
Having first appeared on tramway rails in 1903, the symbol can be seen on hundreds of different products and services from manhole covers to smoke alarms; security locks to fire extinguishers; and windows and doors to riding helmets.
Natasha Bambridge, UK Product Certification Director from BSI said: “The BSI Kitemark is a highly recognised mark of quality which consumers know they can trust.
“Eight in 10 of us recognise the importance of British Standards, and 59 per look out for the BSI Kitemark as a mark of quality for products and services from sofas to customer services.”
TOP 10 ANACHRONISMS TO SPOT:
1. Electric oven – Kitemark for electrical and testing services for Gas and Electrical products
2. Alexa speaker – Kitemark for Internet of Things devices
3. Mobile phone banking app – Kitemark for Financial Products
4. Fire extinguisher – Kitemark for Fire Detection and Suppression
5. Double glazed window – Kitemark for Double Glazing Installation
6. Eye protector – Kitemark for Personal Protective Equipment
7. Auto repair – Kitemark for Vehicle Damage Repair
8. Customer service badge – Kitemark for Customer Service
9. Construction helmet – Kitemark for Industrial Safety Helmets
10. Dust mask – Kitemark for respiratory protection