Demand for antimicrobial and antiviral nanocoatings continues to grow as products come to market
Nanocoatings can demonstrate up to 99.9998% effectiveness against bacteria, formaldehyde, mold and viruses, and are up to 1000 times more efficient than previous technologies available on the market. They can work on multiple levels at the same time: antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal, self-cleaning and anti-corrosion. Nanocoatings companies are already partnering with global manufacturers and cities to develop anti-viral facemasks, hazard suits and easily applied surface coatings. The Global Market for Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings 2020 from Future Markets, Inc. provides an in-depth assessment of the latest products, applications, research and producers.
The use of nanomaterials makes it possible to provide enhanced antiviral, antibacterial, mold-reducing and VOC degrading processes, that are non-toxic and environmentally friendly, allowing for exceptional hygiene standards in all areas of work and life. As a result, it is possible to create a healthier living and working environment and to offer holistic solutions to people with a diminished immune system. Nano-based surface coatings prevent the spread of bacteria, fungi and viruses via infected surfaces of so called high-traffic objects, such as door and window handles in public places, hospitals, public buildings, schools, elderly homes etc.
Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings are available in various material compositions, for healthcare and household surfaces, for indoor and outdoor applications, to protect against corrosion and mildew, as well as for water and air purification. Nanocoatings also reduce surface contamination, are self-cleaning, water-repellent and odour-inhibiting, reducing cleaning and maintenance
Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings can be applied by spraying or dipping and adhere to various surfaces such as glass, metals and various alloys, copper and stainless steel, marble and stone slabs, ceramics and tiles, textiles and plastics.
Nanoparticles of different materials such as metal nanoparticles, carbon nanotubes, metal oxide nanoparticles, and graphene-based materials have demonstrated enhanced anti-microbial and anti-viral activity. The use of inorganic nanomaterials when compared with organic anti-microbial agents is also desirable due to their stability, robustness, and long shelf life. At high temperatures/pressures organic antimicrobial materials are found to be less stable compared to inorganic antimicrobial agents.
Antimicrobial and antiviral nanocoatings applications include, but are not limited to:
• Medical facilities and laboratories
• Medical equipment;
• Fabrics and clothing like face masks;
• Hospital furniture;
• Hotels and other public spaces;
• Window glass;
• Pharmaceutical labs;
• Food packaging areas and restaurants;
• Food processing equipment;
• Transportation, air ducts and air ventilation systems;
• Sporting and exercise equipment;
• Aircraft interiors and buildings;
• Cruise lines and other marine vessels;
• Restroom accessories;
• Shower enclosures;
• Schools and childcare facilities;
This 315 page report contents include:
• Size in value for the Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings market, and growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2030. Historical figures are also provided, from 2010.
• Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings market segments analysis.
• Size in value for the End-user industries for nanocoatings and growth during the forecast period.
• Market drivers, trends and challenges, by end user markets.
• Market outlook for 2020.
• In-depth market assessment of opportunities for nanocoatings, by type and markets.
• Antimicrobial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Nanocoatings applications.
• In-depth analysis of antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal surface treatments, coatings and films.
• In-depth analysis of antibacterial and antiviral treatment for antibacterial mask, filter, gloves, clothes and devices.
• Revenue scenarios for COVID-19 response.
• 122 company profiles including products, technology base, target markets and contact details. Companies features include Advanced Materials-JTJ s.r.o., Bio-Fence, Bio-Gate AG, Covalon Technologies Ltd., EnvisionSQ, GrapheneCA, Integricote, Nano Came Co. Ltd., NanoTouch Materials, LLC, NitroPep and many more.
Further information and full table of contents can be found at https://www.futuremarketsinc.com/the-global-market-for-antimicrobial-antiviral-and-antifungal-nanocoatings-2020/
Future Markets Inc., is an advanced technology consultancy with a focus on the development and commercialisation of nanomaterials and nanotechnology. We provide global business intelligence and strategic consulting across a wide range of technology sectors to industry, governments and investors worldwide, helping clients find new business opportunities in advanced and smart materials.