Best Dota 2 Betting Sites
Do you enjoy playing Dota 2 and understand all the recent trends of the professional scene? Make your skill work for you and win money by placing bets at the top 10 Dota 2 betting sites that we review in the article.
Best Online Bookmakers for Betting on Dota 2
There’s hardly a more popular and influential e-sport than Dota 2. With millions of fans all over the globe and major tournaments with millions-worth of prizes, the game has left its rivals way behind. Wondering where to bet on your favorite player online? Check out our selection of the top 10 platforms for Dota 2 betting.
The bookmaker is an internationally known brand, which was created in 2016. Since GGBet targets an audience from all over the world, its website supports English, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, German, and even Japanese languages. The design code of the site, as well as mobile apps, is also on the level. Unlike many other bookmakers, GGbet specializes in esports betting, which makes it one of the best sites for Dota 2 betting. Being predominantly unidimensional, GGBet is able to focus solely on esports disciplines to offer as many events and types of bets as possible.
GGBet is the partner of the biggest and the most influential companies of the esports community (NAVI, Maincast, RuHub, StarLadder). All of the bookmaker’s activities are legal, which is backed up by the license from Curacao.
- Ideally suitable for Dota 2 betting;
- The website supports many languages and is available in many countries;
- A lot of payment methods;
- Quick and professional customer support.
- Welcome bonus with difficult wagering conditions;
- The high margin for certain events.
Betfair is one of the very few examples of professional sportsmen establishing a bookmaking website, which happened back in 2000 in the United Kingdom. In fact, Betfair became one of the first bookmakers to allow betting against other bettors. The bookie is focused on customers worldwide, which is why their website is available in five different languages, including English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian.
In terms of legality, the company has obtained licenses from well-known and reputable gaming authorities, such as Malta Gaming Authority, UKGC (the United Kingdom), as well as from regulatory bodies of Tasmania, Denmark, Bulgaria, Gibraltar, and Ireland. Bettors can open their accounts in euros, dollars, Australian and Hong Kong dollars, pounds, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish kronor.
In terms of betting opportunities, Betfair traditionally offers many sports disciplines, as well as esports ones. In fact, the bookmaker is ideally suitable for Dota 2 betting, as it always has plenty of events to bet on, a wide line of betting types, and also quite a convenient way of placing your bet.
- A well-established brand that has been functioning for over 20 years;
- Wide selection of events for those who want to bet on Dota 2;
- The ability to claim a welcome bonus of up to a hundred bucks;
- Great mobile apps for Android and iOS users.
- Withdrawal time;
- Individual maximum limits for bets.
This well-known bookmaker entered the market only in 2018 but has already managed to become one of the most recognized brands out there. The website is presented in more than 50 languages and supports multiple currencies, including cryptocurrencies. BetWinner is popular for its wide selection of events to bet on. This is a great example of a bookmaker that combines an abundance of sport as well as esports disciplines. And because of this, BetWinner made it to the top 10 Dota 2 betting sites.
The bookmaker offers a welcome bonus on your first deposit of up to 100 euros. In addition, the company holds a lot of promotions that are being updated regularly. When it comes to live bets, here is where BetWinner beats everyone else. Even with an unpopular Dota 2 match, the number of betting types can go up to 50 and even more! For the convenience of the website’s users, they have a “Multi-live” option, which allows you to add events of your interest in a separate tab.
- Low minimum bet amount;
- Live chat that is available round-the-clock;
- Wide selection of languages, currencies, and payment systems;
- Android and iOS users can access BetWinner both from the mobile version of the website or through the apps.
- Not-so-suitable for high-rollers due to withdrawal limits;
- Young company with not yet firmly established reputation.
One of the oldest bookmakers that is still up-and-running nowadays. Bet365 was created more than 50 years ago and expanded its activity online in 2000. To understand how big the brand is, it should be noted that it owns a soccer club called Stoke City. Being a comprehensive bookmaker, Bet365 offers a lot of disciplines to bet on, including Dota 2 betting.
At Bet365, you can make up your own bets thanks to the “Bet Builder” function. The support service is very friendly and is willing to answer any questions or help with any problems at any time. Since the very first day of its establishment, Bet365 has been operating legally and has obtained licenses from eleven different authorities.
- The reputable bookmaker that has been trusted by millions throughout many years;
- Interesting betting features and a lot of regular promotions;
- Loyalty program with rewards for active bettors;
- High betting limits;
- Good margins for esports events;
- Only 50% welcome bonus offer to the first deposit;
- Restricted in many regions.
The company was created in 2018 as an esports betting website, and it wasn’t until 2019 when it became a full-fledged bookmaker operating under a license from Curacao. Nonetheless, it has not forgotten its roots, which is why CyberBet remains one of the most attractive sites for Dota 2 betting. Nowadays, the operator is also a member of the Esports Integrity Commission. The bookmaker is mainly focused on clients from Eastern Europe, but citizens from more than 100 countries can legally create an account on the website. The bookmaker has a large selection of esports events, competitive odds, fast payouts, and numerous payment methods, including cryptocurrencies.
When it comes to live bets, Cyberbet offers its clients more than 5,000 events every month with an average margin of 7%. Players can add events of interest using the “Favorites” tab. The odds offered at CyberBet are not the best in the industry, but at the same time, far from the worst, so we can consider them a middle ground. The website is bright, attractive, and intuitive, which makes the navigation as simple as possible.
- The bookmaker that specializes in esports events;
- Wide range of games, tournaments, and betting options;
- Interesting promotions and bonuses for bettors;
- A modern-looking website with a nice design code;
- Adapted to mobile devices.
- Difficult conditions for wagering the welcome bonus;
- No app for iOS devices;
22Bet is a new bookmaker that opened its doors to bettors in 2018. And even though the market is full of betting brands, here is why you may want to consider using its services. 22Bet offers thousands of events every day, starting from conventional sports like soccer and tennis, to esports and even special bets on politics, celebrities, or world events. Speaking about esports, 22Bet is a great option for those who want to bet on Dota 2 matches.
The bookmaker covers events of minor and major importance, which is why bettors will always have something to bet on. Besides, no less attention is paid to live betting, which is especially important for more advanced clients. 22Bet strives to be a platform where people can place their bets quickly and conveniently. Therefore, quick registration, a generous bonus program, and rewards for VIP members, regular promotions with prizes, a special Betpoint currency, which you can use to buy bonuses and souvenirs in the site’s fan shop, are things that make people come and stay.
- The rich line for Dota 2 bets;
- Decent odds;
- Live streams of matches right from the website or apps;
- Low minimum deposit;
- Prompt customer support.
- Bonuses do not apply to users who have opened a cryptocurrency account;
- The verification process may take up more time.
Another esports-oriented company, which appeared on the market in 2018. Despite the platform being young, Luckbox has already established itself as one of the best esports bookmakers, where not only major competitions but also niche disciplines are covered. The company is open about the people standing behind it, licenses, registration, and other vital information that makes LuckBox a trustworthy project.
The esports line of the brand boasts a wide selection of games covering all popular genres. There are such legendary games as CS:GO, Dota2, LoL, as well as Call of Duty, StarCraft II, and many others. Overall, the line covers a fairly decent amount of esports events to satisfy the appetites of players looking to bet on these. In the “Tournaments” section, you will find a lot of the most prestigious esports events in the world, including The International for Dota 2 bets.
- A transparent policy of the company;
- Focus on esports disciplines, which allows for richer betting opportunities;
- Match Bonus for the newcomers of up to 100 dollars;
- The ability to use cryptocurrencies as a deposit and withdrawal method.
- No live chat;
- Live streams of events are not available.
Many great bookmakers seem to have opened in 2018, and NeoBet is one of them. All the newly registered users are exposed to a generous match bonus that can be used for Dota 2 bets. Besides, you can also claim rewards for second and third deposits. Unlike many other bookmakers, who predominantly require a ten-times turnover, NeoBet has an x5 wager, which makes the withdrawal requirements much easier.
However, NeoBet’s banking options leave much to be desired. A unique feature of NeoBet is the ability to replay matches at a faster speed in case a match gets canceled. Customer support is willing to answer your questions in two languages – English and German. There are multiple ways to reach out in case you have a question or want your problem solved: live chat, Twitter, Email, phone call.
- Replay events feature;
- Great for both sports and esports betting;
- Well-optimized mobile apps;
- Big welcome bonus of $200;
- Long payout time;
- No cryptocurrencies supported;
- Many restricted regions.
ArcaneBet was established in February 2017 as a subsidiary of the well-known gambling holding Galaxy 88 Ltd. The bookmaker is a sponsor of several major tournaments. In particular, ArcaneBet is the official partner of the Balkan ProLeague. The brand’s main focus is esports games; however, it also has an abundance of sports events to bet on, as well as many casino games. Several hundred events are available daily in the bookmaker’s line, most of which are esports disciplines (14 in total).
The company’s analysts pay attention not only to major international tournaments but also to national and regional competitions, which is why you can always bet on your favorite team or gamer.
The bookmaker works with multiple payment systems, including Bitcoin. The minimum deposit is 10 dollars. Maximum limits are set separately for each event, while the minimum bet is fixed at 1 dollar. Round-the-clock support is available via email, live chat, or phone. All of that makes ArcaneBet one of the best esports bookmakers in the industry.
- Many esports events with lots of betting types;
- Generous 150% welcome bonus for the first deposit;
- Easy and seamless registration and verification procedure.
- Big wager for the welcome bonus.
Unikrn is a great option for those who are interested in Dota 2 bets. Being among the first bookmakers to concentrate on esports, Unikrn has managed to create a product that would appeal to esports fans thanks to the number of disciplines presented. The website is licensed on the Isle of Man and offers its services to clients from the majority of countries. Moreover, Unikrn keeps punters and visitors updated with all the recent esports news. The company offers a welcome bonus to anyone who deposits more than 10 but up to 150 dollars. Besides, Unikrn has interesting promotions to participate in, including a loyalty program.
- The unique and authentic style of the website and apps, which is well-adapted to esports betting;
- A safe and trustworthy brand that cooperates with Esports Integrity Commission;
- One of the best conditions for Dota 2 betting.
- Very few countries where real-money bets are allowed;
- Poor selection of betting types.
What is Dota 2 Betting?
Dota 2 is a computer game that from the very beginning was supposed to be a competitive esports discipline. The first-ever International tournament was held back in 2011 with a total prize pool of 1 million dollars, which was a crazy amount for esports at that time. Since then, there have been nine more TI events and in the last one, the teams were contesting 40 million bucks. It clearly shows how the game has progressed throughout the years and how much more competitive it has become. In this regard, there are more and more teams appearing on the professional Dota 2 scene, which results in more championships being held regularly. In turn, this implies a great opportunity for Dota 2 betting.
Dota 2 is one of the most popular esports disciplines among online punters. Modern bookmakers offer a lot of events to bet on, starting from small regional championships all the way to the biggest worldwide competitions.
Why You Should Try Dota 2 Betting?
To begin with, any bets involve the risk of losing money. That is why you need to be very careful that you do not get carried away and you do not make rash bets on amounts you cannot afford to lose. Ideally, you should always be prepared that any of your bets may turn out to be unsuccessful. Thus, not only will you protect yourself from unnecessary big money losses, but you will also not be too upset about them.
Speaking of the reasons for betting on Dota 2, one of the most significant ones will be the increased interest and excitement when watching the match you bet on. We all love to watch the matches of our favorite squads and cheer for them in important moments. By placing a bet on that team, your happy feelings after a match will be multiplied thanks to a pleasant cash reward afterward.
In addition, if you are well versed in the mechanics of the game, there is a great chance that already after the hero-picks stage you will be able to predict the outcome of a map or a whole match with a high degree of probability. Having information about the current shape of the team, its previous games, the level of play of each individual player, etc., you can become a successful bettor.
How to Make Money Betting on Dota 2?
If your goal with bets on Dota 2 is to make as much profit out of it as you possibly can, there are quite a few things that must be taken into consideration.
- First of all, you should be well acquainted with what different bookmakers have to offer because if you are going to place bets on a regular basis, such aspects as margin or line variety will be of significant importance to you. Besides, make sure that you choose a trusted company since there are many cases when bettors come across dishonest websites that eventually block their accounts with thousands of dollars without any possibility to withdraw them. Check whether it operates with a license and what is the feedback of other people. Various promotions and perks for loyal bettors would also come in handy.
- Know the current game conjecture. If you want to make successful bets on Dota 2 and make money from it, it is absolutely necessary to understand what is going on in the field. It requires following any changes on teams’ rosters, their performances on tournaments, reading the correspondent news, etc. The more information you will be able to acquire the better your betting results will be.
- Pre-match analytics. Dota 2 is a complex game. There are many factors influencing the victory. When analyzing, pay attention to the key indicators that are critical:
- Drafting. Before the start of each game, teams choose and ban heroes that they will subsequently play on throughout the entire map. It often happens that after this stage it becomes clear which team has more chances to win. After all, even if something goes wrong at the beginning of the game, a good draft can eventually make up for that.
- The playstyle of a particular team. Some teams are known for their aggressive playstyle, while other teams prefer to act more passively. It is important to understand which style is best suited for a particular opponent.
- Players characteristics. Dota is a team game, but most players have so-called signature heroes. If the team’s draft features such heroes, the chances of their victory increase.
- Meta. Meta is a current state of affairs in the game and it is determined by specifics of the patch. The team that understands the current meta better than others is likely to show better results.
- The position of a team in a world ranking. The position itself, of course, does not guarantee victory over the teams that are ranked below, but it shows how good the team has been performing for a certain time. The more consistent the team is, the more chances of winning it has.
Which Dota 2 Betting Site is the Best?
In the current situation of a striving market of Dota 2 betting websites, it is often problematic to make up your mind and choose the best option. What if we told you that there is no “the best” betting platform? You heard it right! Even if we take only the most popular and widely-known bookmakers, there will already be more than 10 or even 15 of them. And all of these websites are legal, trustworthy, and offer plenty of options when it comes to bets. So what do you do then?
Well, to answer this question you will have to understand what you are looking for in a bookmaker and compare the best options. In fact, there are no rules that would prohibit betting on two or more sites, so you may as well take advantage of this. Sometimes one bookmaker has a really nice loyalty system and other rewards that will be beneficial, while the other is attractive with its margin. Nonetheless, here are some aspects that may help you choose what you need:
- Bonuses and promotions. As already mentioned, bettors can use these to not only increase potential winnings but also to minimize risks, so do not underestimate the importance of rewards;
- Margin. Essentially, the margin is a commission fee that bettors pay whenever they place a bet. It ranges depending on the discipline you bet on and the event. On average, the margin is around 2-3%. This amount is already included in the odds;
- Payment methods. The golden rule here would be “the more the better”, but obviously, you should just check which payment systems are supported and see whether it’s suitable for your needs. For instance, some people need cryptocurrencies, some don’t, etc.;
- Customer support. There are many international bookmakers, but not all of them actually have multilingual customer support, so make sure you are comfortable with the languages offered;
- The variety of events. If you are a type of person, who likes to bet on not-so-popular leagues and matches, the important factor for you would be an abundance of events offered by a bookmaker;
- Mobile apps or well-optimized mobile web version of the website. We all have situations when there is a need to place a bet and you are not at home. Fortunately, almost every betting company has a separate app or a very convenient mobile web version of their site to make bets wherever you are.
Pros and Cons of Dota 2 Betting
No matter how many benefits have been outlined in this article, there still are some downsides that you may face. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Dota 2 betting.
- Frequent matches. Even when it comes to the top-tier level, you can be sure that throughout the whole year there will be a ton of events that you can bet on;
- Low margin. Esports odds, including Dota 2, are known to have quite a low margin, which is usually much lower than that of many conventional sports events;
- An opportunity to earn money. Again, if you don’t get carried away and bet wisely, you can go a long way with Dota 2 bets.
- Low betting limits. If you are a high-roller, finding a Dota 2 event with high limits may be rather challenging for you, so be prepared for that;
- There is always a chance to lose. And in this case, you lose real money, which is why it is vital to know how much you can afford and not go further than that.
All the best Dota 2 betting sites are here: https://dota2search.com/
Please keep in mind that esports betting can be addictive, so be vigilant. If you need help, please refer here: https://www.addictioncenter.com/