4 Most Common Residential Restoration Services
The four most common residential restoration services are mold remediation, water damage repair, fire damage, and storm damage restoration. These services can be performed by any number of qualified contractors in your area. To find the best company for your needs, you must research pricing, customer reviews, and insurance coverage.
1. Residential Mold Remediation Services.
Mold remediation is the process of removing mold from a property. The most common reason for performing mold removal services on residential properties is water damage, which can lead to an increase in moisture levels and humidity throughout the home. If left untreated, mold can spread very quickly and create even more damage.
Steps we take in Mold Restoration.
– Remove all contaminated porous materials.
– Repair any water damage that the mold growth may have caused. This includes removing wet or moist wall surfaces and replacing insulation, sheetrock, paneling, or flooring where necessary to prevent further moisture infiltration from occurring in the future.
– Control humidity levels throughout your home.
– Remove all mold spores and bacteria from the air.
– Ionize your home to remove any other airborne particles, such as dust mites or pollen, that may irritate allergies. – Finish by sealing all open surfaces with a sealant to protect against future mold infestations in your home.
2. Storm Damage Restoration Services.
Storm damage restoration services involve removing debris caused by storm damages such as fallen trees and branches, broken windows, and damaged roofs.
Storm damage restoration is the process of removing any debris that may have been left behind after a storm has occurred. The most common causes of property damage during storms are fallen trees, broken branches, and heavy rainfall, which can lead to homes with faulty gutters or drainage systems. While some types of storm damage can be easily remedied by clearing away any fallen leaves or branches, others may require the help of a professional restoration company to remove debris and protect your home against future damage.
Steps we take in Storm Restoration.
Fire damage restoration is a process that involves assessing the extent of fire damage in a building. It also entails restoring items to their previous condition before they were damaged by flames through cleaning, disinfecting, and deodorizing them.
– Remove all hazardous tree limbs that have collapsed onto homes during storms using chainsaws and other heavy machinery.
– Remove clogged gutters, downspouts, chimneys, and other debris that may have caused water damage to your home.
– Use industrial fans to speed up the drying process after rainfall or flooding has occurred in your home while also preventing mold growth by disinfecting all areas where restoration work has been performed.
– Finish by sealing open surfaces with a sealant for future protection against storm damage in your home.
3. Fire Damage Restoration.
Fire damage restoration is the process of removing heat and smoke residue from your home after a fire has occurred. The most common causes of fires are electrical malfunctions, faulty wiring, and unattended candles or cigarettes dropped on combustible items such as furniture, curtains, or carpeting. While some types of fire can be easily put out with a fire extinguisher, others are more difficult to control and may require the help of a professional fire restoration company.
In case your home gets damaged by a fire, you should immediately call the best restoration company in town to come and help restore the damage as fast as possible. A professional disaster recovery team can provide services such as structural drying if needed – which is especially important after a major flood or other water-related fire damage. When it comes to fire restoration services, there are several different types that your local contractor can perform. The most common type of fire restoration is the removal and disposal of burned materials, which can be performed in as little as 48 hours after a property has experienced an event that caused the initial fire damage.
Steps we take in Fire Restoration.
– Remove all heat damage from walls, floors, and ceilings using industrial fans that can reach very high temperatures.
– Use water or chemical misting equipment to remove soot residue from hard, nonporous surfaces, appliances, and furniture.
– Remove any lingering odors by using special ventilation equipment that can remove these smells from your home’s air circulation system.
– Finish by disinfecting all areas where restoration has been performed to kill off bacteria or fungus spores that may have developed during the fire in your home.
4. Residential Water Damage Repair Services.
Water damage restoration is the process of removing any standing water from a property and drying out all materials that may have been flooded or saturated with moisture. The most common causes of flooding are burst pipes, floods after heavy rainfall, and sewer backflows. While some types of water can be easily removed by mopping up excess liquid, others are more difficult to treat, such as water that has seeped into the ground or stood for a very long time.
If you have water in your home that is causing serious damage to any part of the property, it should be addressed immediately. The longer water sits in space, the greater chance there is for mold growth or other types of corrosion caused by water. When it comes to water restoration services, there are several different types that your local contractor can perform. The most common water damage restoration is the removal of wet materials and carpets to mitigate mold growth, which can be performed in as little as 24 hours after a property has experienced an event that caused the initial water damage.
Steps we take in Water Restoration.
The steps we take to restore water damage include extracting standing water, sanitizing the area, dehumidification and drying. We may also need to remove property items that have been damaged by exposure to moisture or mold for them not to be further compromised.
– Use industrial-grade drying equipment to remove excess moisture from porous materials and structure walls, floors, and ceilings.
– Remove wet carpeting, padding, and upholstery where necessary.
– Use a fogging machine to treat any hard, nonporous surfaces with an antimicrobial solution to kill any bacteria or fungus that may be present on these materials.
– Finish by sealing the entire property and contents of your home with antimicrobial chemicals for future protection against mold growth in your home.
In conclusion, the best restoration companies in town will help restore the damage as fast as possible. A professional disaster recovery team can provide services such as structural drying if needed, which is especially important after a major flood or other water-related fire damage that requires both smoke and water removal.