Winners announced: Choose Broadband Awards 2022
With broadband providers offering innovative and inspirational initiatives, the 2022 Awards spotlight companies who are making a difference or doing things differently in the following award categories:
- Digital Inclusion – Hyperoptic (winner), TalkTalk, (runner-up), Community Fibre (third place)
- Innovation – YouFibre (winner), Community Fibre (runner-up), Hyperoptic (third place)
- Most Ethical – Zen Internet (winner), Sky (runner-up), TalkTalk (third place)
- Community Contribution – Community Fibre (winner), Hyperoptic (runner-up), Zen Internet (third place)
To find the 2022 winners, Choose combined in-depth market research with a YouGov survey of 2,000 broadband customers and third party data from organisations including Ofcom, Trustpilot and Thinkbroadband.
10 further categories were awarded, with Now, Plusnet and Virgin Media major winners:
- Best Overall – Now (winner), Plusnet (runner-up)
- Best TV – Sky (winner), Virgin Media (runner-up)
- Rural Coverage – Gigaclear (winner), B4RN (runner-up)
- Best Value – Now (winner), Plusnet (runner-up)
- Budget – Now (winner), Vodafone (runner-up)
- Fastest – Virgin Media (winner), Hyperoptic (runner-up)
- Most Reliable – Plusnet (winner), BT (runner-up)
- Best Customer Service – Sky (winner), EE (runner-up)
- Best Triple Play – Now (winner), Virgin Media (runner-up)
- Best Bundle – Virgin Media (winner), Now (runner-up)
To be considered in the major categories such as Budget, Best Value, Fastest, Most Reliable, Best Customer Service, Best Triple Play and Best Bundle, a provider’s services needed to be available to at least 1 million customers. However, to ensure the innovation of smaller providers was recognised, other categories were open to smaller providers.
“We wanted to explore what makes broadband providers different from one another and show how much of an impact they can have on the communities they serve as well as their customers. It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that all broadband companies are the same, but our awards demonstrate that there are plenty of options out there for customers to choose from, and they all offer different things.
“Whether households are on a strict budget or are looking for the fastest or most ethical broadband provider available, the Choose Broadband Awards 2022 show there is something for everyone.”