What does a celebrity booking agency do
Celebrities are people who are very busy in their respective fields. Let us take the example of a superstar actor in this article to understand the roles of a celebrity booking agency properly. A famous actor doesn’t have the time to negotiate with various brands who are waiting to sign him up. He doesn’t have the time to plan his events or guest appearances on certain channels. This is why he hires an agency to take care of these jobs for him.
What are the main roles and responsibilities of a celebrity booking agency
Going by our previous example, a celebrity agency is wholly responsible for managing the actor’s calendar. The agency decides the projects, ads, functions, interviews, etc., that the actor has to feature in, so that it gives a boost to his image. The agency does everything it can to project the actor in a positive frame across all platforms.
Here are some of the main roles done by celebrity agencies for their superstar clients:
- Managing their business and financial affairs, and taking important decisions on behalf of the celebrities
- Negotiating with all stakeholders to ensure that their clients get the right payment for the events organized
- Agreeing to get paid as a one-time fee or based on the percentage of the client’s earnings, as the case may be
- Scheduling various promotional, entertaining and engaging events, where their clients get excellent exposure
- Taking care of all the logistics, accommodation and other travel details of their clients
- Taking care of all publicity-related tasks for their clients
- Conducting auditions and interviews to understand about new clients and identifying opportunities to showcase their potential
What should you know about working in a celebrity agency?
A celebrity agency professional’s work is quite dynamic & relationship-oriented. It demands you to go the extra mile to get the perfect deal for his clients. It is not a 9 to 5 office job, because you need to be connected to your clients and customers constantly to strike good deals. You should be excellent at communication. Though some tasks of this job profile are mentioned above, you should not be surprised to get bizarre requests from your clients or fans of your clients during certain days.
A good celebrity manager will know to spot a talented performance when evaluating auditions. The charisma element in a person is what these celebrity agencies look for. So, if you want to work in a celebrity agency, gear yourselves up for a rollercoaster ride that you are going to be in!