4 Top Tips If You’re Facing Divorce
Starting fidgeting only when you get documents needed to file for divorce is completely wrong and resultless. Since the earlier, you begin your divorce preparation, the more chances you have to get a beneficial divorce and suffer physically and emotionally less.
The first clear decision to get a divorce should be your green light for early researches and self-education in the divorce sphere. Once you prepare bit by bit a steady soil for your divorce procedure, you will feel far more confident during the process itself and have less post-divorce problems to solve afterwards.
Choose the Appropriate Lawyer
The first thing you need is to find a good lawyer. Yet there are cases when you can do everything on your own and get divorced online. That is when you go through the uncontested divorce, still, you may need some documents and professional help, you are to get on a reliable divorce platform, such as OnlineDivorcer.
Otherwise, you should search for an appropriate divorce attorney, which will suit you:
- Personally – during the very first meeting you can ask your possible attorney any question you need to discover his/her personality. You should like and trust the lawyer, otherwise, you won’t have fruitful cooperation.
- Professionally – when interrogating your soon-to-be-lawyer about his\her experience and professional skills, you should match his/her manner of handling the divorce issues with your plans and expectation. If you are planning an amicable divorce, you certainly don’t need a lawyer who is ready to burn the opponents to ashes and win all possible battles in the court.
- Financially – hiring the most expensive and popular family law attorney in your town doesn’t guarantee a successful and most beneficial divorce. So, you’d better pick out a lawyer suitable for your budget. If you are lacking finances for hiring a lawyer. You should search for charity communities, social law organizations or online platforms to get a free lawyer consultation. Or you can cooperate with a law student at a much lower price.
Organize Your Finances
Divorce procedure and its outcomes will lead to significant depreciation of your budget, so you’d better get prepared and organize your finances beforehand. Thorough financial planning will allow you to save on details and invest in your future so that you can reduce the stress level you are to be under when you get divorced online or offline.
- Get a financial analyst – a good financial analyst will help you to evaluate your assets and debts, predict divorce outcomes, create a financial plan. So that you know how to act and react and what to expect in the nearest future. this will save you from financial and emotional crisis.
- Close joint accounts – joint accounts and credit cards are a common thing for couples who trust each other. Once you see the divorce on the horizon, care to separate your assets and debts to different accounts. Although you may think you know your partner well, but being overwhelmed with emotions, he\she may sabotage you and bring unpleasant financial surprises, having access to your joint account.
- Improve your credit score – it often happens that one partner is operating major part of the family budget and when it comes to divorce the other one is left penniless without any credit history to survive in difficult times. So, if you don’t have one, create a credit account and open credit card at the moment you decide to get a divorce but not while filling out divorce forms because it might be late to change something. Build up your credit points bit by bit, by making small purchases monthly and paying them off to the end of the month. This will allow you to create a financial safety for your challenging post-divorce period.
Prepare Your Children
If you have mutual children it is vital to stay as much connected with them as possible before, during and after the divorce. Children are far more vulnerable than adults so in such a difficult period you should care and love them even more, pay more attention and communicate more than ever.
- Have an age-appropriate talk – it is significant that your children get to know about the divorce from their parents. So, prepare an age-appropriate talk, where you will give the appropriate amount of details and explanations to decrease the stress level for your kids. Consult the specialist before the talk to do everything right.
- Be present in their lives – your marriage is falling apart but both of you are still parents. So, care that your children have enough parental attention and care from both mother and father, no matter how difficult your relationships are.
- Prepare a good co-parenting plan – care that your children have a safe and happy future and spend time and efforts to create a good co-parenting plan, comfortable for both parents and children as well. If your kids are adult enough, count their opinion on the co-parental plan.
Plan a Peaceful Divorce
Planning a peaceful divorce is the best option for most couples. This will let you save your physical and mental health, money and time. If you cannot get along with your partner on your own, use help od mediator or divorce counsellor. They will help you to make the right decisions and reach the agreement quickly. Apart from that, it is good to try to stay friends with your soon-to-be-ex. This will make it easier to perform your parental duties and get you a support person for unpleasant situations.
All in all, put in some efforts to prepare to the divorce in the best way, set your priorities and care about most precious things. This will allow you to survive through the divorce and reach your happy life afterwards.