Making Your Way to Egypt in 2021
Often, a trip to Egypt becomes the first foreign journey for a novice tourist. In this country, you can sunbathe all year round and swim in the purest water of the Red Sea, admiring the coral reefs and small colorful fish.
A tour to Egypt is an unmistakable vacation option for every taste and budget. The sun, the sea, exciting excursions, and fun discos attract millions of tourists every year.
Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to properly prepare for an unforgettable Egyptian voyage:
First of all, get your visa online.
To receive a standard Egyptian visa for up to 30 days, you only need to land in Egypt and get a so-called “visa on arrival”. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the end of the tour. These visa conditions mean that when going to Egypt, you can catch a burning ticket.
If you are one of those who do not want to spend extra time at the airport on processing visa documents, then there is a convenient option for you – e-visa.
Obtaining an online visa to Egypt with Natvisa takes from 3 days to 7 days. So take care of this in advance. The entire procedure for filling out the questionnaire takes 15-20 minutes. Once issued, the e-visa to Egypt is valid for the next three months and can be used for entry for up to 30 days.
An Egyptian e-visa can be obtained for one or more entries. As an applicant, you can choose the visa that best meets your requirements, while taking into account that the price of an e-visa for several entries will differ. With single or multiple entries, the tourist is allowed to stay in the country for a total of 30 days. The number of days you can stay in Egypt does not change.
Please note that if you are going to travel extensively in the country, you may need a permit to stay in the border areas with Libya, Sudan, on the demarcation line with Israel, and the southern part of the Red Sea.
Contact a tour company in Egypt.
What are the advantages of traveling to Egypt through a travel agency? It’s simple – a good travel company always takes care of its customers. Its representatives are always ready to provide such necessary services to tourists as:
- non-departure insurance
- return flight guarantee,
- possibility of compensation for other expenses related to the coronavirus pandemic,
- refund within one or more business days in case of flight cancellation.
Do Some research on Egyptian cities.
To date, the most popular tourist destinations in Egypt are:
- Hurghada: a wonderful resort for family holidays. The most interesting historical excursions, such as visits to Cairo, Luxor, and Karnak Temple Complex, are most easily made from Hurghada. Most of the beaches here are sandy, with long shallows near the shore. It is very convenient for families with small children.
- Sahl Hasheesh: the newest resort complex, where only 14% of the area is allocated for hotels, everything else – embankments, exotic gardens, parks, golf courses, man-made canals, and lagoons.
- Makadi Bay: one of the most fashionable resorts in Egypt, located between Hurghada and Sharm el-Sheikh. Its special feature – luxury hotels, which are spread over very large areas. Some of them are like small towns. Sometimes several hotels form a conglomerate, where you can go shopping, dine in restaurants, visit hookah bars, beauty salons, etc.
- Safaga: a small port town where cruise ships arrive. In recent years, an area of hotels has grown on this coast, which is very popular with diving and snorkeling enthusiasts – the fact is that Safaga has preserved very beautiful coral reefs with an unusually rich underwater world.
- El Gouna: This town is often called the Egyptian Venice, as artificial canals are laid throughout its territory. The development project was developed by several architects, so every detail is thought out in El Gouna. It will appeal to those who love beauty and comfort.
- Marsa Alam: a relatively young resort, located quite far from Hurghada, 275 km away, but it has its international airport. Marsa Alam attracts, first of all, lovers of high service and unforgettable diving.
Frequently Asked Questions about online visa to Egypt.
- When is the best time to go to Egypt?
The highest season in Egypt is considered to be February-March. In these months, in the resorts of Egypt, the difference between the air and water temperature can be considered ideal, which makes a beach holiday very comfortable. The air temperature ranges from +20°C to +25°C, and the sea temperature is +23°C. Enjoy a pleasant long-lasting sunbath without the risk of overheating.
- Do I need a visa to get to Egypt from the United States?
Yes, you need to get a visa to travel to Egypt from the United States. Applicants can apply online for an e-visa.
- Do I need a visa to enter Egypt from the UK?
Yes, British citizens need to obtain a visa to travel to Egypt. Applicants can apply online for an e-visa.
- What happens when your Egyptian visa expires?
Usually, a visitor needs to pay a fine in order to leave the country if they have an expired visa to Egypt. The amount of the fine can vary greatly depending on the number of days spent in Egypt with an expired tourist visa.
However, there are ways to avoid paying. You can renew your visa online or visit the Mogamma Government Service to apply for a visa extension.
- What are the restrictions on travel to Egypt caused by the Covid-19 pandemic?
To cross the border by land and air, you must have a fresh negative PCR test with you. There are no more restrictions.