Elite Pharmaco Launches in London and is set to transform the Medical Cannabis Market
Elite Pharmaco Launches in London and is set to transform the Medical Cannabis Market.
- Company will be at the forefront of driving the clinical development and distribution of new medical products to fulfil unmet clinical needs, with an initial major focus on cannabis, and has established partnerships with manufacturers who are dedicated to producing dependable, cost-effective and clinically validated product.
- Founded by Robin Emerson, a notable patient advocate and cannabis campaigner and Liam McGreevy, a cannabis business executive with ‘seed to shelf expertise’ grown over a decade.
- Elite Pharmaco will focus on providing a consistent supply of high-quality and innovative medical cannabis products, and cutting-edge supply solutions to improve the patient and healthcare professional experience.
Elite Pharmaco brings together cannabis industry expertise, finance, resources and new strategic partnerships from across Europe, to provide clients and their patients with full-service access to highest quality cannabis derived products and sales and distribution networks across Ireland, the UK, the EU and over the coming months into the wider world markets.
Patients and practitioners are increasingly demanding high-quality, consistent, well-priced and reliable medical cannabis to help manage a wide range of health conditions. By providing market, product and supply chain readiness, Elite Pharmaco is designed to guarantee a consistency of product and price to clinicians and patients in need of the highest quality medical cannabis.
As well as supplying CBMP specials medicines for prescriptions, the company will work closely with its key strategic supply partners to advance a portfolio of clinically validated products by establishing clinical trials on cannabis-based medicine products for a range of conditions here in the UK, and in the future in other markets globally.
Founded by notable cannabis campaigner and industry executive, Robin Emerson and leading cannabis executive, Liam McGreevy, the pair have built a wealth of experience and expertise from working in the industry for over a decade across the cannabis lifecycle from production, importation and distribution whilst navigating international regulations to bring products to market. McGreevy and Emerson have also helped to develop legislation in the UK and Ireland and are passionate about propelling the industry forward.
Robin Emerson successfully got the first prescription for medical cannabis in the UK three years ago for his daughter, Jorja who suffers from severe epilepsy. He said medical cannabis saved his daughter’s life.
Acutely aware of the legal and healthcare challenges that need to be addressed to improve the prescription access route, McGreevy and Emerson are focused on helping businesses along their cannabis journey – from defining expansion roadmap to setting up their compliant business model and commercialising products in Europe.
Robin Emerson, co-founder said: “For cannabis to remain a dynamic growth industry, it must offer more products, processes and solutions that are clinically validated, safe, sustainable and cost-effective so more patients can benefit from this transformative plant. Our purpose is to meet the needs of the medical cannabis market by providing the best products, expert services and consulting to exceed expectations at all times to suppliers, partners and patients. This will ensure we have a seamless experience for patients in the UK and in Europe.”
Liam McGreevy, co-founder added: “This is a multifaceted emerging market, characterised by growers at one end to distributors of products at the other. As the industry heads towards increased regulation, reaping the benefits of the European medical cannabis market requires a strong and sustainable business strategy sustained by robust and trusted support. At Elite, we bring those qualities and more.”
Signalling a clear intention to secure a leadership position in its operational markets, Elite Pharmaco has signed a strategic distribution and Clinical consulting agreement with leading Biopharma company, MGC Pharmaceuticals, who were the first cannabis company to list on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Working closely with the MHRA, NIHR, NHS and other key stakeholders Elite Pharmaco are well positioned to provide their expertise and assistance with regulatory compliance for new and established companies within the UK cannabis industry.
Ron Lipsky, VP of Business Development at MGC Pharmaceuticals on signing the Agreement with Elite Pharmaco, said: “The distributor in every country is crucial to ensuring consistent and effective delivery of the medicines we make to the patients. Our choice is always to find distributors with an innate understanding of their local regulations and pathways. Given Elite’s personal background and continued commitment to patient access and advocacy, MGC sees the relationship as a significant element of our UK strategy.”
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Liam McGreevy is a leading European cannabis executive with over a decade in the industry with a background in environmental science, compliance, agriculture building businesses in healthcare distribution, brokering and services. He is a founder and director of several high-profile cannabis industry businesses.
- Robin Emerson has played a pivotal role in the change of legislation in the UK, with his daughter Jorja receiving the first prescription after the law change in 2018. He has gone on to hold positions in the leading cannabis companies and continues to develop his regulatory relationships to pave the way for clearer regulation for both physicians and patients and advance the clinical pathway for medical cannabis.
- Elite Pharmaco is a portfolio company of Elite Growth and further announcements will follow in the coming weeks on other large distribution contracts for the UK and EU Markets that are currently in the pipeline.
- For further information or interview opportunities, please contact: email@example.com
Published on PRFIRE