Tips for Optimizing an Etsy Store
If you’re running your own Etsy store, you’re probably a creative entrepreneur with a creative skill you want to share with the world. Launching your own storefront on Etsy is a great way to get your brand out there and start attracting customers. It’s quick and simple to reach new clients on an existing marketplace, and you can even strengthen your company’s reputation.
However, just like any kind of online selling, there are a few challenges you’ll need to overcome to achieve the right results. For instance, there are thousands of other sellers like you on Etsy, and many of them are competing for similar customers. Knowing how to optimize your store can make it easier for you to stand out from the crowd.
Optimize Your Creative Store
Optimizing your store with SEO strategies is a great way to strengthen your sale opportunities and attract a wider potential audience. If you’re struggling to figure out how you can get started, there are useful guides available only for top tips on how to drive online traffic to Etsy in 2021, and how to ensure you can stand out from the crowd.
Navigating Etsy Search
Most of the tools you’ll use to optimize your creative store will be similar to the strategies you’d leverage for any kind of SEO. For instance, you’ll need to get to know your target audience and choose keywords that make sense according to their interests, and demographics. However, it’s also worth noting that Etsy has its own search engine, and this comes with unique factors to be aware of when you’re building your store. Here are some quick tips to get you started:
- Use all 13 tags: You can add up to 13 tags to a listing on your Etsy store. Failing to use all of them could mean that you miss out on an opportunity to appear in a crucial shopper’s search. With that in mind, make sure you’re leveraging your tags correctly.
- Be specific with categories: Most tips for driving online traffic involve using specific keywords and designations. Choosing specific categories on Etsy will allow you to attract the audience that’s most likely to want to buy from your store.
- Minimize delivery costs: Today’s Etsy shoppers can choose to sort through sellers based on their delivery options when they want to save money. This could mean that you get filtered out if you don’t offer free delivery. Consider offering delivery for free to certain local areas if you can afford to do so.
- Remember to add attributes: The attributes added to an Etsy listing act in a similar way to tags. These attributes can align with the words used in a customer’s search, making your products easier to find. Be specific about the color of an item, the occasion someone might buy it for, and so on.
- Get the photo right: Sometimes great optimization isn’t just about getting the word right. When you’re selling creative and artistic products, you need to capture your customer’s attention with something visual. Choosing to put the best quality of picture first will help you to attract your audience faster.