Walkfo – the AI travel guide app to explore the world with
Created by award-winning, 25-year tech entrepreneur veteran, E-creation’s Jan-Erik Paul and technology AI expert, Scott Underhill, Walkfo works when travelling by foot, bicycle, car or bus. When any blue plaque, ancient monument, historic area or significant building is close, the Walkfo AI will narrate the ‘story’ of that spot using advanced ‘deep-fake’ voice technology.
“A unique way for tourists & travellers to explore destinations safely and ‘mindfully’, transforming travel anywhere in the world into an interactive geo location driven audio experience. COVID-19 has changed the travel & tourism industry and Walkfo has stepped-in to offer a safer, more engaged travel experience. The Walkfo app is completely unique, using an AI algorithm to research history & facts of specific locations, creating an audio-experience or ‘walkcast’ that is driven by the location of the user. This is Pokemon Go on steroids for tourists & travellers interested in the places as they explore” says Jan-Erik Paul.
The Walkfo AI technology has been processing data across the UK since early 2021, creating millions of audio facts for tourists to explore whilst visiting the UK or during a holiday, staycation & local sightseeing. Users can filter content to their own taste with an in-app content rating AI for continually improving & evolving tourist & historic content.
This enables tourist destinations to respond to the challenges of Covid restrictions & risks with the benefits of:
- Leveraging Walkfo’s free pre-populated location content that covers 99% of UK’s major travel destinations
- Allow destinations to control additional content & offer unique ‘stories’ for site visitors which might otherwise never be told
- Encouraging visitors to utilise outdoor rather than indoor spaces
- Eliminating destinations requirements to provide headset technology to visitors (reducing costs & improving safety of not requiring shared audio equipment)
- Reduce close group gatherings normally required by guided tours
Created using Walkfo Author, the ‘100 Amazing Bournemouth Area Places’ is the first audio map & outdoor museum available in the Walkfo App (code: MXRB). With over 100 facts, Walkfo App users can hear the stories of Bournemouth smugglers, buried fossilised forests, firework near-disasters, the first ever department store Santa & Neolithic reindeer camps … with all audio facts played right at the spot where they happened, available completely free to visiting tourists & locals.