Some Easy Recipes You Can Make At Home for this Christmas
Christmas time is one of the best times of the year. It’s a time when family and friends come together to celebrate life, love, and all things good. However, it is also a time when we tend to overindulge in food and drinks, which are often very unhealthy. This article will guide you to some great ideas if you’re looking for easy recipes you can make at home. Here they are:
1. Jollof Fries
In a large bowl, mix the oil and spices. Add the potatoes to the mixture and toss until they are well coated. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spread out each potato, so they are not touching each other (if you cannot fit all of your potatoes in 1 pan, use another one). Bake for 20-30 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit until golden browned around the edges. Flip over halfway through if desired! Remove from the oven and let cool before serving!
These roasted potatoes are perfect for topping a salad or eating alone. They’re also a great addition to any meal! I like serving them with grilled chicken and fresh vegetables for an easy dinner in under 30 minutes.
Serve them and enjoy your christmas party.
2. Pepper soup
Pepper soup is a delicious, warming dish perfect for cold winter days and nights.
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, often stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peppers and bay leaf, then pour in the water. Bring to a boil, decrease heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the peppers are very soft. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Transfer half of the mixture into a blender and puree until smooth (or use an immersion blender). Return pureed mixture to the pot along with tomato paste, sugar, and cayenne pepper, then stir well until combined. Cover the pot with a lid, then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes more or until thickened slightly (if too thick, add some water). Serve hot with crusty bread or crackers on the side if desired
3. Delta 8 gummies
Delta 8 Gummies are an excellent snack for kids, and they can be made with or without molds.
The ingredients in this recipe are corn syrup, sugar, and gelatin. The gelatin forms the gummies when it is melted and poured into molds.
To make Delta 8 gummies :
- Melt 1 cup (250 ml) of water in a pan on medium heat until it boils (you don’t need to add butter or oil).
- Remove from heat, add 4 tsp (20 ml) unflavored Gelatin Powder and stir until dissolved completely. Wait to let it set! Set aside to chill slightly while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Next, prepare the sugar syrup by combining 1 cup (250 ml) of granulated sugar with 1/2 cup (125 ml) of moisture in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until it boils, and then let cook for 2 minutes without stirring. After cooking, pour it into a gummy container and let it cool. Your gummies are ready to eat.
4. Christmas cake
You may not be familiar with Christmas cake, but it is a popular dessert in Nigeria. It is made from coconut and condensed milk and decorated with icing and sprinkles. It is a traditional dessert for Christmas, so if you celebrate the holiday with family or friends in Nigeria, they will be expecting to eat some of this sweet treat!
Luckily for anyone who wants to try making this delicious cake at home, it is pretty easy to make! Here’s how:
– First, you will need to gather all of the ingredients. You will need 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of condensed milk, and 4 eggs. – Next, you will require to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Then grease a 9×5″ loaf pan with butter or margarine and set aside.
– Next, mix the butter and sugar in a big mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time until they are all combined. Then add the condensed milk and mix well until it is completely incorporated into your batter. – Once you have mixed all these ingredients, pour them into your greased loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour.
– Once your cake is baked, let it cool for about 15 minutes before removing it from your loaf pan. Then slice and serve with whipped cream!
This delicious cake is easy to make and will be loved by everyone at your next party!
5. Nigerian Christmas Rice
This dish is a staple on most Nigerians’ tables during the holidays. It’s not only delicious, but it’s also really easy to make at home. There are many versions of this dish, but I like to make mine with jollof rice (a popular West African style of cooking rice in tomato sauce), eggplant (which some people call aubergine), and peppers. To prepare it for your family or friends at Christmas time, all you need is the following:
- 2 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 tbsp palm oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 cup rice Salt to taste
- Optional: 3-4 eggplant (aubergines) sliced into small pieces 3 bell peppers, sliced into strips Peel and cut onions into small pieces.
Chop tomatoes roughly. Heat oil in a frying pan over low heat and fry onions until they turn golden brown. Add the ginger and garlic paste and stir continuously for about a minute or two. And your Rice is ready to enjoy.
We hope you enjoyed these recipes and that they inspired you to make delicious food for your family this Christmas. There are so many options out there, so don’t be fearful to experiment with different combinations of flavors or ingredients. You never know what might turn out great!