Charter Tax to support Twinkling Stars campaign
The accountancy firm, Charter Tax, which has offices in Goudhurst and London, is supporting the Twinkling Stars campaign (part of the East Kent Hospitals Charity) as its chosen charity over the coming year.
Twinkling Stars is behind the creation of a Maternal Bereavement Suite at William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, which opened in July 2018.
The Twinkling Stars Suite provides a safe haven, adjacent to the labour ward, for mothers who have lost their baby and a place where the family can spend time together to say goodbye. Calming colours and quality, soft furnishings create a comfortable setting, with a kitchenette and en-suite bathroom. The room is situated within the Maternity Department, so mothers remain close to the medical team but away from families who are celebrating the birth of a baby. Families are looked after by a designated midwife with special bereavement training.
A couple from Charter Tax were recently supported by Twinkling Stars and say: “They looked after us from the moment we got to the hospital to the moment we left. They couldn’t have done more for us and also offered support after we got home. Without this charity, we would have been on the main labour ward giving birth with all the other mums. This organisation makes such a huge difference to the emotional wellness of the people involved and we can’t praise and thank them enough.”
Dee Neligan, Fundraising & Development Officer at East Kent Hospitals Charity and Jo Olagboyega, Maternity Matron, visited the Charter Tax office recently to tell the team more about Twinkling Stars and, while there, Mark Howard, Principal at Charter Tax, presented them with a cheque to kick-start the year of fundraising.
While the suite is now in existence, the next goal is to create a separate entrance to the labour ward and to redesign one of the labour rooms to make it less clinical. Charter Tax will be raising money to support this initiative and any funds raised by the team over the next year, will be matched by the firm.
“We are delighted to have Charter Tax’s support for our Twinkling Stars campaign, as their Charity of the Year,” says Rupert Williamson, Fundraising Manager for East Kent Hospitals Charity. “We are really looking forward to working with Charter Tax for the coming year, raising vital funds for our Maternal Bereavement Suite.”
Notes to editors:
• Established in 2009, Charter Tax, Chartered Accountants, which has offices in London and Goudhurst, Kent, offers a first-class accounting and tax advisory service to businesses and high net worth individuals within and outside the UK.
• Charter Tax was formed by Janet Pierce (nee Paterson) and has since grown to more than 30 staff, as well as taking on another principal, Mark Howard, in 2015.
• The ethos of Charter Tax is to help its clients achieve their goals – be it private or family wealth structuring, moving into or out of the UK, successfully running their own business, achieving a corporate sale or undertaking a corporate restructuring project.
• Services are available for corporate and owner-managed businesses, private clients, international tax, VAT consultancy and family office, trusts and estates.
• The firm specialises in tax advice for non-domiciliaries living in the UK, in addition to a domestic service to support wealth and succession planning for owners of farms and estates.
• Charter Tax is licenced to carry out probate and estate administration work.
Angela Ward Media
Tel: 07900 478613