Checklist Before Going On A Fishing Trip
People fish for all kinds of reasons, but all with the same goal in mind: to catch the big one. If you are a newbie fisher, you certainly will find our check-list helpful. We are going to tell you what to take on a fishing trip, regardless of its type or the season.
Here is a checklist before going on your fishing trip.
Let’s start with the most critically important and basic items, without which any fishing is impossible.
- Rod. Reel. Line. Here you should pay attention to the choice of a good and strong line if you are going to catch large fish. Check out the quality of the gear to spend a great time.
- Tackle box. For good fishing, everything must be at hand and organized. Take your fishing box with you and do not forget to put all the lures, hooks, accessories, spoons, flies there. All this stuff will help you to get your trophy.
- Knife. Multi-tool and Pliers. Cooler. If you are going to take your catch with you, then you will definitely need these things.
Surely, you need to be prepared for the weather. Here is a list of the main things you might need:
- Boots or Waders. To avoid injury, cuts, and to maintain comfort and dryness, do not neglect this point.
- Fishing vest. Do not overload it with various tackles, and put onto and into the vest only the essentials, otherwise, you will be uncomfortable and it will interfere with the fishing process.
- Glasses. Bandana or Hat. This will help you with glare on the water in sunny weather and will not let you miss a single moment.
- Rainwear. If it suddenly starts to rain, you will be ready to meet bad weather and nothing can stop you from enjoying fishing.
Clearly, we are all as careful as possible, but this is life, and anything can happen.
Therefore, be sure to bring the following with you:
- First-aid Kit. There is always a risk of injury and the hospital or pharmacy is far away. Even small wounds can have serious consequences. So the minimum set must be carried.
- Cell phone. Despite the fact that you go fishing to get away from the hustle and bustle and relax, you should have your phone with you in case of emergencies.
- Spare batteries for electronics. In order to stay connected or keep other equipment working, be sure to bring power supplies with you.
- Duct tape. This simple thing might be irreplaceable in a difficult situation.
NUTRITION & HYDRATION
Fishing is certainly an exciting process, but you shouldn’t forget about nutrition.
- Food. It should be taken care of in advance. We are not going to create a menu for you, but one thing we know exactly – do not take perishable food. Take whatever stays fresh and won’t go bad after a few hours or days.
- Water. Don’t take soda with you. Water is useful not only to quench your thirst but also to get washed up. Take 5-10 litres. It won’t be superfluous.
Don’t forget about hygiene when fishing. Hands should be washed before eating or preparing food, so be sure to get soap and hand sanitizer, wipes, a towel and toilet paper.
LET’S SUM UP
We have listed above the main items you need to take on your fishing trip. Definitely, everything affects the number of points in the list: type of fishing, duration, weather conditions, company (only you or with friends), season. Therefore, it is absolutely impossible to mention everything. You can add anything else to this checklist that you think is also necessary for good fishing.
We wish you a big catch and don’t forget to bring your insect repellent!