Four trending #cleantok videos you need to try right now – and two you should avoid at all costs
There are now more than 20 billion views on #cleantok alone. And as the world opens up post-Covid, more people than ever are searching for TikTok cleaning tips and tricks to ease their workload.
But with so many videos to sift between, how can people know which CleanToks are true and which are unreliable?
Top 4 TikTok cleaning hacks to try
Here’s how she does it:
- Start by spraying the toilet from top to bottom with white vinegar and then wipe the surfaces with toilet paper.
- Next, soak some toilet paper with white vinegar and place under the rim of the bowl, all the way around, letting them sit for 10 minutes.
- After the time has passed, remove the toilet paper and then scrub any remaining residue with a toothbrush.
- To finish up, pour white vinegar and baking soda into the toilet bowl and give a once over with a toilet brush.
- Simply rinse the shower screen with your shower head if it detachable. Otherwise, a spray bottle filled with water will do the trick.
- Next, fill up a refillable dishwasher brush with washing up liquid and scrub the surface from top to bottom.
- Finish off with a window cleaner squeegee, removing the soaps and suds from the glass. This way, you don’t get any unsightly streaks as you would from a cloth or toilet paper.
Two TikTok cleaning hacks to avoid
“Knowing which trending cleaning hacks are the real deal can be a minefield in the sea of #cleantok. Try one which isn’t as endorsed, however, and you could end up with irreparably damaged items.
“We at Gtech believe that cleaning is something that people should enjoy – and not be misled by. Finding a new way to clean that really works, however, is always a game-changer, which is why we hope our list of the top four can be helpful to people who are looking to weed out the wheat from the #cleantok chaff.”