The shopaholic’s break that will cost you £26,000 BEFORE you even hit the stores
It’s the ultimate shopaholic’s break – but it will cost you £26,000 BEFORE you even hit the stores.
The package lets those in search of retail therapy live out their wildest shopping dreams in Dubai, browsing the aisles in Gucci, Dior, Armani and Chanel in one of the world’s biggest malls.
The shopping trip for two includes:
• First class return flights to Dubai
• Accommodation in the Royal Suite of the Royal Caribbean International’s Jewel of the Seas cruise ship
• Styling consultation on the 122nd floor of the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa
• Tailored personal shopping experience with high end brands in the Dubai Mall
• Professional photo shoot on the golden sands outside the famous sail-shaped Burj Al Arab, one of the world’s only ‘Seven Star’ hotels
• Three-course gourmet meal at the Burj Al Arab
• Personal hair styling and make-up session
• Three-and-a-half hour spa extravaganza at the nearby Rose Arbaji Centre
The jaw-dropping package was created by Royal Caribbean International, after their research found Brits believe Dubai will be one of the three best global shopping destinations by 2020, after New York and London.
Managing director, Royal Caribbean International UK and Ireland, Ben Bouldin, said: “Shopping is still a favourite pastime of the British public and they are expecting big things from Dubai’s retail offering in the coming years.
“In true Royal Caribbean style, we’ve let our imaginations run wild and have created a playground for those who love to indulge in retail therapy in the destination famous for its offerings, and what better place to do it than Dubai.
“The day will be such an extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime experience, that guests really will need to pinch themselves to be reminded it isn’t a dream.”
After arriving in Dubai, passengers will be styled by image consultant Rose Arbaji at the Burj Khalifa, before hitting the shops.
The huge price tag also includes a professional photo shoot on the golden sands outside the famous sail-shaped hotel.
Mega-rich cruisers will also be treated to a three-course gourmet meal before a three-and-a-half hour spa extravaganza at the nearby Rose Arbaji Centre.
And once settled in the Royal Suite on board the Jewel of the Seas, shoppers will sail to destinations including Bahrain, Qatar and Oman.
Image consultant Rose Arbaji, who curated the ‘Ultimate Shopaholic’ excursion, said: “Dubai is home to some of the world’s most extraordinary shopping experiences.
‘’Guests indulging in this shore excursion will visit the city’s most extravagant locations, be guided through the Dubai Mall’s most premium brands and dine at the world’s most luxurious hotel.
“This truly is the ultimate experience for shopaholics everywhere.”
A survey of 2,000 Brits also found nearly a tenth have blown more than £2000 on a single shopping spree.
One in five say they get a ‘buzz’ from going on a spending splurge, and a third reckon it makes them happier.
Thirty per cent of shopaholics also admit when they really want something, they’ll ignore the price of a product and ring it through the till anyway.
One in seven adults have also booked a holiday to somewhere like Dubai, New York or Paris, purely for the shopping experience.
And 32 per cent take the quality of the shopping experience into consideration when deciding where to go for their vacation.
Three in 10 Brits even say it ‘doesn’t feel like they’re spending real money’ when browsing the shops abroad.
* The ‘Ultimate Shopaholic’ shore excursion is exclusively available to guests sailing on Jewel of the Seas from December 2019 to March 2020.