Over 160 professionals gathered together on 12th November 2019 at the prestigious Banking Hall in the heart of the City of London for the annual Market People Awards, run and hosted by the LondonMarket’s popular “free to access” thought-leadership and networking hub, London Market Forums (LMForums), in association with their publication, Market People Magazine. The Awards, now in their fourth year, have become a favourite with the London Insurance Market and this year saw the biggest ever attendance.
Roger Oldham, Founder of LMForums and host of the action packed evening commented “I am delighted that the Market People Awards have become a London Market annual highlight for so many professionals, executives and suppliers. We are immensely proud to have created an awards ceremony, complete with a stunning entertainment show, that allows practitioners of all levels and disciplines to be recognised by their peers in such a fair way, nominated by market professionals and judged by them too. We hope that the Market People Awards will grow, year on year! We are already planning for the 2020 event.
The Headline Sponsor for the Awards this year was Charles Taylor InsureTech who’ve been long term supporters of LMForums. 2019 saw more nominations received than ever before. The judges selected 15 incredible winners from the underwriting, broking and supplier community, who all looked proud as they collected their stunning trophies on the stage at the “ show-time” themed celebration. The evening also raised £3255 from a Grand Prize Draw in aid of the incredible Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity. The Trust supports families who have a child aged 0-18 years with a life threatening or terminal illness. Thanks to the kind generosity of the London Market audience.
Winners this year included…………
• Claims Professional/Team of the Year – Scott Keller of Liberty Specialty Markets
• Broking Professional/Team of the Year – Qasim Akbar of Capsicum Re
• Underwriting Professional/Team of the Year – Alex Hardy of Beazley
• Market Inclusion & Diversity Champion – Theresa Farrenson of Aon
• Young Person of the Year – Hanan Guthmy of Brit Insurance
• Outstanding Contribution to Technology & Innovation – Stephen Holdstock of Lloyd’s LMTOM
• Outstanding Contribution To Human Resources & L&D – James Shepherd of Tokio Marine Kiln
• Outstanding Contribution to Industry Transformation – Allen Bruce of Lloyd’s
• Outstanding Contribution to Operations & Change – Brad O’Connor of Beazley
• Outstanding Contribution to Legal & Compliance – James Linsao of QIC Global
• Lifetime Achievement Award – Neil Lightbown of Allied World
• Advisory Services Supplier of the Year – CyberCube
• Technology Supplier of the Year Award – Morning Data
• HR & L&D Supplier of the Year Award – Sheridan Resolutions
• Legal Services Supplier of the Year Award – Clyde & Co
Allen Bruce, Head of Change Management at Lloyd’s of London said “I’m absolutely delighted and proud to receive the Outstanding Contribution to Industry Transformation at this year’s LMForums Market People Awards – especially as it’s voted for by the Market. I really am touched and appreciate this recognition from my industry peers. I’d like to thank my change team and everyone in the Market who is doing everything they can to support the changes that are making a difference to the value and service that we provide for our customers every day”.
With special thanks to our sponsors Charles Taylor InsureTech, Net Diligence, Allied World, Liberty Specialty Markets, Aon, Brit Insurance, Sheridan Resolutions, Morning Data Ltd, Scarlet Fraser Associates, Amica Interactive, Netcall, Consilio LLC, Perfect City Events, QIC Global & Market People Magazine.
London Market Forums (LMForums), which is headquartered in the Leadenhall Building in the City of London, is the networking and thought leadership group for professionals from the Lloyd’s and wider London Insurance Market
Contact: email@example.com – Membership and sponsorship enquiries Telephone: +44 (0)203 551 9188
Market People Magazine
Market People Magazine is the publication for insurance professionals working in the London Insurance Market. The magazine is produced quarterly by LMForums and reaches thousands of practitioners and suppliers connected to the famous Lloyd’s and London Insurance Market.
Perfect City Events
The new dedicated global events management firm from the same professionals behind the City events and networking hub, LMForums. Perfect City Events take immense pride in producing events for their clients that are memorable, superbly executed and enjoyed by staff, clients and guests alike. From smallest round table breakfast to luxury banquets and award ceremonies for hundreds of people, PerfectCityEvents will deliver every time.
The Trust supports families who have a child with a life threatening or terminal illness and are in the greatest need. Their Family Support Workers provide a life line to these families and children at home, in hospital and in the community. Any family can receive support from the moment of their child or young person’s diagnosis.