Berkeley Rowe expands team with new Corporate Partner Akbar Ali
Specialist commercial and corporate law firm Berkeley Rowe is delighted to announce the appointment of Akbar Ali as a Partner and Head of Corporate. He will be based in our London office in Mayfair. Akbar has many years of experience as a mergers & acquisitions lawyer and joins us from being a highly reputable law firm where he was Head of Corporate.
Akbar has a wealth of international experience, having worked for a leading global US law firm, as well as in-house at a Swiss Corporate. His talent and results-led approach enabled him to have a swift rise into becoming head of department and leading a team specialising in M&A. His principal focus at Berkeley Rowe will be expanding and developing our established corporate practice whilst evolving the corporate team towards niche areas including capital markets and international cross-border transactions.
Akbar is sector agnostic and has worked on deals from £1 million to hundreds of million. His record of corporate transactions includes:
- acquisition of an international clothing retailer;
- acquisition of Middle East based hotel chain;
- disposal of energy assets nationally and internationally;
- acquisition of largest independent accountancy practice in the UK;
- acquisition of European reseller of US based manufacturer; and
- disposal of leading cloud storage listed business to US private equity.
Akbar also undertake general commercial work including franchise arrangements, terms and conditions, banking and finance, legal opinions and more.
Tom Keya, Chief Executive Officer, Berkeley Rowe, said: “We have acted on a number of complex and interesting reported corporate and commercial matters in the past few years. Corporate is an area that is rapidly expanding in our practice and I am excited to have Akbar Ali on board to lead it. He brings with him a wealth of experience and the high level of energy and dynamic approach that has made us stand out amongst our peers.”
Akbar Ali, Corporate Partner, Berkeley Rowe, said: “I am excited to be joining the team at Berkeley Rowe and feel that my experience complements the firm’s dynamic and innovative approach to corporate transactions and ambitious plans generally. I am looking forward to working with and growing the department into new exciting areas.”
For further press information:
- Contact Sam Allcock at PR Fire.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0161 738 1089.
About Berkeley Rowe:
- Berkeley Rowe are a specialist commercial and corporate law firm with a modern and international reach.
- The firm was established in 2017 to bring high quality City legal advice to a Mayfair location in London. Since then, the firm has opened offices in Dubai and New York with plans to expand to more locations internationally.