Your NDA Dreams Will Come True If You Follow These tips
One of the most remarkable career choices made by the youths of India is joining the National Defence Academy (NDA). This is an academy run by the Indian Army, the Indian Navy, and the Indian Air Force jointly to train the best cadets chosen after a rigorous exam. The admission process is based on the written exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) since 1995. Once the written examination is over, the shortlisted candidates are then interviewed vividly by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
The entire exam covers general aptitude, team skills, physical skills, social skills, psychological tests, medical tests, etc. After fruitfully passing all the exams, candidates are finally chosen for studying in this academy and preparing for joining the three pillars of Indian Defence. More than 450,000 students appear for the exam and only 6000 are chosen for the interview. The competition is pretty high. This is why the NDA exam is considered to be one of the toughest selection processes in the world.
What to do to prepare for NDA?
- Subjects in the syllabus
The first step is to find out the exact syllabus set by the authority for the upcoming exams of NDA. The syllabus contains Mathematics (till Class XII) and General Ability (English and General Knowledge). The general knowledge section will cover subjects like social studies, physics, chemistry, geography, current events, and general science. Get the information of NDA cut off in each section determined the previous year so that you can understand how much you have to concentrate on.
- Exam pattern
The second most important step is to find out the exact exam pattern. Every section will have a significant number of questions. Hence, you will also find out how many questions you need to answer correctly to clear the cut-off. Here is the list of protocols you need to know.
- The Mathematics section will have questions carrying 300 marks in total. The time limit to answer this part of the question paper is 2.5 hours.
- The General Ability section will have questions carrying 600 marks in aggregate. To answer these questions, you will get 2.5 hours.
- The written exam will be conducted in Hindi and English.
- Every wrong answer will deduct 0.33 marks. It means that three wrong answers will deduct 1 mark from your aggregate score.
- Once the written segment is cleared by the candidates, they will be called for an interview conducted by the SSB. The interview also contains 900 marks.
- The total score will be set by following the parameters set by the regulatory authority and then a list of chosen candidates will be prepared.
- Study material
The third step is to gather a comprehensive set of study material for all subjects included. Only the best institutes and online tutorial websites can deliver the top-level study material following the latest syllabus. You can attend physical classes to prepare for the exam or can do it at home with the aid of study material and online mock tests.
You can understand how crucial time is when you have to solve so many problems within a stipulated period. All you need is practice and appear in the mock tests conducted by a reputed institute. Check your score and compare it with the NDA result of the previous year so that you can comprehend your position. You need to judge your condition and progress every day.
An NDA cadet gets the highest respect in the society. You will feel the pride of being a part of this remarkable academy and serve the country. Prepare well and make your dreams come true.