Fake NHS texts warning, from Halton Trading Standards
Watch out for fake text messages pretending to be from the NHS, warns Halton Borough Council’s Trading Standards.
Since Jan 1st, 412 victims nationwide have reported losses totalling more than £531,000.
Please use the following links if you would like to see an example of the fake NHS messages reported to Action Fraud:
What you need to look out for:
• Be aware of requests for personal information in messages claiming to be from the NHS.
• Be alert to links or attachments in unexpected messages claiming to be from the NHS.
• Do not respond to requests for money, bank details or passwords. The NHS will NEVER ask for payment or any financial details.
How to report scam messages:
• If you are suspicious about an email, forward it to email@example.com.
• If you are suspicious about a text message, forward it to the number 7726 (it’s free of charge).
For information on NHS coronavirus testing, visit: www.nhs.uk